I am sitting at home and this text appears on my phone.
Cheer up, sweet beautiful girl you are going to love again and it will be magnificent.
I sent a reply back simply saying, “Thank you for thinking of me. But maybe I don’t want to fall in love again.”
After some conversation back and forth we said good night, but I couldn’t stop thinking about the text. Those words that made me feel like I had to fall in love again, like it was almost a sin to stay single!!
Well, maybe I loved so much and so deeply I don’t know how to love someone else. Is that really a bad thing to have given your heart and soul to the person you vowed to give your life to? I didn’t break the vows. I had zero intention of ever being in a situation where someone felt the need to text me such a ridiculous statement.
I know they meant well.
I just don’t think about things as other people do, I guess. There are so many ways to fall in love and it doesn’t have to include a man.
- Fall in love with God. Let him show you what true love and Unconditional love is all about. When in doubt remember He gave his life for you. No Greater Love.
- Fall in love with your kids. Who else would you want to kiss and cuddle? Enjoy every second with them. Every day with them is a precious gift from God. I never want to look back and remember all the days I could have spent with my kids.
- Fall back in love with yourself. Oh, this was hard for me. It still is. As a matter of fact this one is still a work in progress….I’ll leave this one as under construction.
- Fall in love with friendships and family. With your co-workers (let’s clarify this…not literally people!!!)
- Fall in love with strangers. Instead of being critical or hurtful. Stop and listen. So what….we may not agree, but agree to disagree and move on, but before you move on, don’t forget to show them a little bit of kindness. After all, what would Jesus do?
- In this life there will be people that just aren’t going to like you no matter what you do….Love them anyway!!
So maybe I have already fallen in love a few times. To have loved too much in your life, is that really a bad thing?
I was in love once and it was pretty magnificent.